Looking for information on how to get rid of a yeast infection naturally without visiting the doctor? Because, here, you are likely to find exactly the best way to do that, you are in luck. You will learn you must work with a variety of those to actually treat your infection, and what can activate a yeast infection, natural methods to handle it.
It is normal for a small amount of yeast to live in the vagina. When too many yeast cells start growing, it can lead to an infection. Yeast infections are relatively common, and often times do not get too serious.
Causes of a Yeast Infection
Do you possess a strong immune system, complete nutrition, a constant partner, active lifestyle and no chronic diseases? Then you are a real flukey, as the probability of yeast infection is practically zero for you. However, not everybody can boast complete well-being and a healthy lifestyle.
Generally speaking, the yeast infection isn’t considered threatening, but it can be annoying and disturbing for patients, especially for females. However, one should keep in mind that it causes physical and moral pain and even inferiority complex. So, let’s consider the aspects mentioned below.
What are the primary reasons for the development of yeast infection?
Yeast infection can be rooted by the subsequent factors:
- Antibiotics: The use of certain antibiotics can increase the production of yeast in the vagina, causing a yeast infection.
- High Estrogen Levels: When a woman has high doses of estrogen in her body during pregnancy, if she is having hormone therapy, or is she is using a high dose of birth control, it can increase yeast production. Menstrual cycles can also raise estrogen levels.
- Diabetes: Woman who has diabetes are at risk for frequent yeast infection. When her sugar is not well controlled, the risk is even higher.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Yeast infection may also be classified as a sexually transmitted disease, which can be not incorrect. When it is a man or woman that gets the disease first, it may be transmitted through sexual contact to the partner. Occasionally the condoms with a lotion that kills other STDs like the HIV virus tend to be prone to lead to developing a yeast infection.
- Birth Control Pills: The reason that yeast infections are caused by birth control pills is simply that they change your hormonal balance. Hormonal imbalances produced by the pill can change your vaginal pH that’s the most significant factor in determining in the event you are in danger of one. The reason behind this is because the yeast will be prevented by an acidic vagina from growing. For yeast, an alkaline environment in the vagina will allow on the reverse side to colonize to stop them.
- Pregnancy: In most of the cases, amongst the women that are suffering to the diseases due to Yeast and Fungus, occasionally pregnancy occurs to be the cause. Regardless of the fact you could have no yeast infection before you become pregnant, in a different manner, there’s an excellent opportunity of having influenced by the infections due to yeast after pregnancy. That is mainly because of the fact when a woman gets pregnant, her hormonal balance is totally lost.
- Impaired Immune System: When a woman’s immune system is impaired due to an illness or infection, it can cause a yeast infection.
- Corticosteroids: When a woman uses corticosteroids, such as prednisone, it increases her chances of developing a yeast infection.
- Overweight: When a woman is overweight, it can lead to a yeast infection.
What things in the Female Body can tell about Yeast Infection?
In most cases, this contamination in females leads to physical sufferings such as swelling of the vulva, inner burning during urination and pain in the process of intercourse. As a rule, a strong unpleasant smell doesn’t happen by a yeast infection, since this is the obvious symptom of bacterial diseases. In addition, this disease causes moral anguish and inner dissatisfaction for the weaker sex.
Can I Perform any Tests for Recognizing the Yeast Infection on Time?
The science has made a huge step forward, so nowadays yeast infection is easy to recognize taking into account the full clinical picture (during the medical examination). There is a plethora of tests for the case of yeast infection: smear microscopy, sowing vaginal discharge and PCR. PCR diagnosis is the test with high accuracy to determine not only the presence of the fungus but also latent infections.
Symptoms of a Yeast Infection
The symptoms of a yeast infection often occur the week before a woman’s menstrual period. The symptoms are very uncomfortable, and include:
- Vaginal itching that is often very severe
- Vaginal discharge that is often thick, white, clumpy, and odorless
- Red, irritated skin around the labia (the opening of the vagina)
- Pain when a woman urinates and the urine touches the skin
- Pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse
How to Get Rid of A Yeast Infection with Home Remedies
Yeast infections can be very uncomfortable. The sooner it is treated, the sooner the symptoms will subside. While some women choose to use prescription medications to treat their yeast infections, others choose to go the natural route and use home remedies. There are several home remedies that you can try.
1. Yogurt: Yogurt contains lacotabacillus scidophilus, which is a friendly strain of bacteria, and can control the growth of infection. When using yogurt to treat a yeast infection, you should only use the plain, unsweetened kind.
If your infection is external, you should apply the yogurt to the affected area and leave it on for two minutes. If possible, you should leave it on overnight. This will relieve the itching. For an internal vaginal yeast infection, you should dip a tampon into the yogurt, and insert it into the vagina, and leave it in for two hours.
You can do this twice a day. You can also treat a yeast infection by adding yogurt to your diet.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has antifungal properties that can kill the fungi that cause a yeast infection. To treat the infection externally, apply the oil to the affected area up to three times a day.
Combine equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil. Apply the mixture to the affected area to contain the infection’s growth.
3. Garlic: Garlic has been known to treat a variety of conditions thanks to its antifungal, antibacterial, and natural antibiotic components. Crush a few cloves of garlic and make it into a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can dilute garlic oil with a few drops of coconut oil or vitamin E. Eat a few garlic tablets or eat some fresh garlic.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another safe alternative is drawing up a bath with a cup of apple cider vinegar in the mix. You can relax in the warm bath for (at minimum) thirty minutes to help level out the balance of bacteria down below along will easy some of your sufferings. (Pro Tip: Try dabbing a bit of honey on the area 20 minutes before your soak, then wash it off when you get in. This offers extra relief to some of the more painful symptoms.) If you don’t have time for a bath dabbing some onto the vaginal area can bring some relief as well.
Bare in mind no matter what treatment you use there is always the chance that the infection might come back. Don’t panic; instead, repeat the previous treatment.
Preventing a Yeast Infection
The best treatment for a yeast infection is to keep from getting one in the first place. There are a few things that you can do to prevent yeast infections.
- Eat a balanced diet, which includes fruits, vegetables, nonfat dairy products, and yogurt.
- If you have diabetes, you should control your sugar levels. This can prevent a yeast infection outbreak.
- If at all possible, avoid using antibiotics.
- Keep your vaginal area clean, using a mild, unscented soap. Be sure to rinse well with warm water.
- After using the bathroom, be sure to wipe from front to back. You need to avoid spreading bacteria or yeast from the anus to the vagina or the urinary tract.
- Wear underwear that will ensure that your genital area remains dry, and doesn’t hold in any moisture. Cotton underwear is the best when trying to prevent a yeast infection.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes, such as tight jeans and pantyhose. These types of clothing can increase body heat, creating moisture around the genital area.
- Immediately after swimming, remove your swimsuit. If you leave it on too long, it can keep your vagina moist, which can cause a yeast infection.
- When you have your period, change your tampons or pads often.
- Avoid using douche, feminine sprays, powders, perfumes, or deodorant tampons. These products can change that natural balance of organisms in your vagina, leading to a yeast infection.
Yeast infections are not very serious, however, when you are suffering from one they feel very serious. The symptoms can make sitting, sleeping, using the bathroom, very uncomfortable. If you know how yeast infections are caused, how you can prevent them, and how you should treat them if you should develop one, you don’t need to suffer for very long.
Yeast Infection Remedies during Pregnancy
Pregnancy isn’t known to be the most comfortable experience in the world, so the last thing you want to deal with during those nine months is a yeast infection. You could always cross your fingers and hope you come out unscathed, but luck isn’t always on your side. In fact when your estrogen levels rise so do your chances of getting a yeast infection. More likely then not, at one point in your pregnancy you’re going to have one. When this eventuality happens it’s best not to panic and look at the facts: Your yeast infection won’t harm the baby your carrying and the problem is treatable.
The first step you should take when you think you have a yeast infection is to contact your doctor. You could think you’re an expert in yeast infection, or just be new to them: Either way you should contact your doctor. Bacterial infections are easily confused with yeast infections, and over-the-counter yeast infections medications have the nasty effect of exasperate bacterial infection issues. (Don’t worry! If it turns out you have a bacterial infection your doctor can prescribe you an antibiotic to take care of the problem.)
Once you’ve gone to a doctor and confirmed that you do indeed have a yeast infection you can finally take steps to clear the problem up. Your doctor will suggest the right antifungel medication for your situation. For those of you who would rather not take medication during a pregnancy here are some nature remedies you could try:
If applying directly to the area of irritation, be sure to use unflavored yogurt and only apply it up to two times a day. In order to apply it try freezing the treat to a tampon. After a few minutes of thawing, you can insert it and go about your business.
A fully peeled garlic clove can be inserted before retiring for the night as a supplement for other antifungel remedies. By the morning the clove should have worked it’s way out, if not simply remove the clove manually. If placing a whole clove of garlic up there should more the little off-putting to you can always find this remedy in a gel cap format. The gel cap is used much in the same way the clove would be, with the exception that by the morning it will have dissolved.
(WARNING: Avoid garlic if you have blood disorders, as garlic may increase ant bleeding you may experience.)
What Unpleasant Manifestations are Watching the Males?
The most unexpected thing about this case is that in 10-15% of men, the disease shows no signs. However, yeast infection in men can affect not only the penis but also mouth and skin. Generalization of fungus indicates primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
The most widespread physical manifestations of yeast infection in males are:
- Change in the color of foreskin of the penis
- Pain during erection and intercourse
- Burning sensation when urinating
- White plaque with a sour smell
Can Yeast Infection Happen in Infants and Children?
One may think that this disease may never happen for children due to the adult nature of the case. You may be surprised to know that this type of infection in infants and children has the same nature and the same pathogen.
Despite the fact that the intrinsic immunity of a newborn baby is still being formed, most of the protective functions of immune cells are received with mother’s milk. At the same time, the baby can take disease bacteria through breastfeeding. The infection can affect any child through the touch or kissing.
What are the Consequences about Yeast Infection?
This disease is first manifested at an early age, from 15 to 25 years, and then flows into the chronic form, succumbing to hard treatment. If you observe certain manifestation of yeast infection, you should consult a gynecologist, urologist or dermatologist on the spot to provide adequate treatment for the case and live a saturated life in the future.