The human body is like a living galaxy with millions of living cells and plenty of bacteria living inside. Each of them has been assigned to their job role, but sometimes, the healthy circle of life gets interrupted.
Yeast is a type of fungus that is a part of our body, and it plays a major role in keeping us healthy and making us fall ill. You must have heard or read about the concept of good and bad bacteria, well, same goes with the yeast. There are good and bad types of yeast, and the biological name given to the yeast are Candida, and it lives inside our digestive system.
The Candida living inside our digestive system stays healthy, keeping up its pace to keep our body on track, but when our body goes through certain up and down, our candida gets influenced with the medication to get the body on the back and start getting multiples which result in the yeast infection.
Yeast infection has been termed as Candida Albicans, and it can create a lot of issues making the person suffering from it to stay irritated and discomfort. Thus, it is very important to treat the yeast infection at the right time.
While most of the people believe that yeast infection can only be caused by the genital or private areas, but Candida Albicans can be caused by on many areas of throat, mouth, skin and even blood. The most common type of Candida Albicans still occurs mostly in the private parts.
Well, most of the people still seek the medical ways to treat the Candida Albicans; there are many home remedies that can be used to treat it effectively, and coconut still grabs the top of the list. Coconut is not only an effective natural ingredient to treat a yeast infection, but it can also be used to treat many diseases and helps you stay healthy and beautiful.
Today, as we are focused on discussing how to use coconut oil for yeast infection, we will suggest 7 ways of treating a yeast infection with coconut oil. But, before we discuss the ways, we want to you to get familiar with the working of coconut oil on yeast infection.
Does Coconut Oil Kill Yeast Infections
How effective is Coconut Oil for Yeast Infection?
Coconut oil is one of those ingredients that have been used by the ancient people to treat plenty of diseases, and the ritual has not been broken yet, and people still follow the same way to treat the same types of diseases, and it actually works. So, how it really works on yeast infection is what we are discovering today. Read on to know how it works.
- Coconut oil contains ingredients like capric, caprvlic, and lauric, and all these are known to have antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. These compounds reach to the harmful bacteria, eliminate them and leave behind the friendly bacteria.
- The compound caprylic acid present in the coconut oil breakdowns down the cell skin that is responsible for controlling the population of yeast and averts it from getting multiplied.
- Coconut oil is also an anti-oxidant that helps to kill the yeast infection along with other fungal diseases. It helps absorbing of the minerals and vitamins in the body.
Now, after you are familiar with the amazing and body-friendly properties contained by a Yeast infection, know the 7 ways through which you can treat a yeast infection with coconut oil.
1. For Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infection tends to occur in more than 75% women as the studies suggest. Follow the steps to treat it.
- Wash the yeast infected area with water and dry it out completely.
- Put coconut oil and spread it in a thick layer on the infected area.
- Repeat the process twice in a day until it is cured completely.
2. Coconut Oil Tampon
Follow the given steps and ensure that the coconut oil is getting in direct contact with the vagina. Coconut Tampon comforts the itching and inflammation.
- Get one tampon and make sure it is unbleached.
- Infuse the tampon in the coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Put the infused tampon inside the vagina.
- Leave the tampon there for the night or for 8 hours, and take it out.
- Wash the area with water and dry it out completely.
- Repeat it for 4 to 5 nights.
3. Coconut Oil Suppositories
This process works similar to the tampon way, but the difference is that instead of putting a tampon inside the vagina, you have to insert a coconut oil suppository, and it works effectively and shows results quickly.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and melt it.
- Include 4 drops of melaleuca essential and lavender essential oils (you can choose any essential oil).
- Mix it well and put it into the silicon mold, make sure it is of cylindrical shape. Freeze it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take it out the suppositories and break it down into pieces, as per your convenience.
- Keep one of the suppositories in your vagina and leave it there for the night. The suppository will melt down the moment it touches the skin. You can take a pad to avoid the mess.
- Repeat the process until you get back your comfort.
4. Coconut Oil Douche
Douche makes the coconut oil to be directly sprayed on your vagina, and that increases the chances of treating the yeast infection quickly.
- Take 2 quarter of distilled warm water and add 3 to 4 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Douche the solution.
- Repeat the process until you feel relieved.
5. Coconut Oil Bath
This process can be followed with any of the process shared above.
- Add a few drops of the coconut oil in the water you will take a bath in.
- While taking a bath, pat your body, so it soaks the maximum of the oil.
- Repeat the process until you feel necessary.
6. Coconut Oil for Skin Yeast Infection
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected area like itching, swelling, and redness.
- Leave the oil there and let it dry completely.
7. Coconut Oil Mixed with Cinnamon Oil
Coconut oil is an effective ingredient to treat a skin infection, but when it is mixed with other ingredients, it can create wonders. One such mixture is of coconut oil with cinnamon oil.
- Mix equal amount of coconut and cinnamon oil.
- Spread the combination on the infected area.
- Let it dry off completely.
So, if you are suffering from a yeast infection, skin or vaginal, treat it with coconut oil and see the results quickly.